With its many features, YBA’s Design WD202 DAC has a multitude of connection options to satisfy the most demanding users.
Should you wish to use your Windows based PC as a source, a driver download is required. This supports up to Windows 8.1 No download is necessary for a MAC but be aware that in the Mac OSX 'parameters/sound/' you will need to set-
When this is completed and you connect your WD202 the Windows ‘Found new hardware’ bubble will appear. The description of the WD 202 will be ‘USB Audio Device’.
After a few seconds you will receive a message ‘Your new hardware is installed and ready to use’. Your PC’s previous audio output device should be temporarily disabled and the WD 202 will become the default audio device automatically. This can be checked in the Control Panel. Select Sounds and Audio Devices. In the volume tab check YBA Design WD 202.
If you wish to disconnect your WD 202 and return to your sound card, simply disconnect or switch off the power on the front panel. If for some reason your PC fails to disable the WD 202, you can manually do this in the hardware device manager . You can download the driver from the link below. In mid 2015 we added DSD.
- DAC Chip: Texas Instruments PCM1796
- Word lengths accepted (S/PDIF or AES in): 16, 18, 20, or 24 bits
- Frequnecies Accepted (S/PDIF or AES in): 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz
- Fixed upsampling: 24 bits/192 kHz
- SNR -120 dB (XLR) / -117dB (RCA)
- THD+N (20Hz-20KHz) 0.001%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Ouput Level (RCA): Variable, max 2V
- Output Level (XLR): Variable, max 4V
- Headphone Output: Variable volume control. Jack format 1/4" (6,3mm)
- Linear power supply and use of a highly efficient R-Core transformer
- Chassis Construction: Aluminium
- Ultra low jitter design. High precision reclocking.
- Dimensions: 320mm x 280mm x 62mm
- Weight: 4 kg
- Inputs: USB, Coaxial, S/Pdif, AES/EBU